About the Position: If you’re a driven professional who values relationships and isn’t afraid to think differently about accounting, you’re in the right place! Hare CPAs seeks an experienced Senior Manager (full-time, exempt) to join our team. Ideal candidates are exceptionally proactive and enjoy working both independently and as a member of a well-functioning, high-performing team. We seek someone with 4+ years of expertise in one of the following industries: health care, creative agencies, service providers, or construction/real estate.
About Us: Hare CPAs + Business Advisors is a community-focused CPA and business advisory Firm serving small and medium sized businesses. Our primary focus is tax, accounting and business advisory services. We specialize in health care, creative agencies, service providers, construction/real estate, and much more. We coordinate our team and network of professionals to ensure the right person is on the right project. When a project requires a skillset beyond our own, we have a qualified network of other CPAs, banks, attorneys, valuation firms, investment firms, staffing firms and operational experts we call on to assist.
At Hare CPAs we believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to achieve success and prosperity through hard work, determination, and initiative. We give everyone equal respect and stay open-minded with an appreciation for different points of view. We strive to create a safe space where you can always be your complete, authentic self and we believe everyone should have the freedom to find and lean into their virtues.
A day in the life of a Hare CPAs Senior Tax Manager
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will be responsible for leading a profitable functional area of the practice – leading the team, building the business and ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service. This role also supports the business development and growth initiatives of the practice and is responsible for retaining talented people through strong leadership and coaching/mentoring relationships.
- Embrace our Firm’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Oversee entire client relationships from start to finish
- Maintain technical knowledge in area of expertise necessary for advising clients and coaching the Team
- Review and sign tax returns for corporations, partnerships and individuals
- Review or quality control compiled or reviewed financial statements
- Review and approve client month-end closings including: financial reports, reconciliations, analysis and budgets
- Handle business and transaction structuring
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies
- Conduct advanced tax research and solve complex tax issues
- Resolve tax audits and notices
- Provide feedback, training and mentoring to the Team
- Analyze problems, design and implement practical solutions
- Help manage and develop the business to ensure improved profitability in the short and long term
- Proactively work to establish and maintain effective client relationships and continually look for ways to add value. Manage projects for quality and profitability
- Contribute to and support the development of the team – continually build and share knowledge
- Provide updates in given topics during Weekly Team Meetings
- Identify client needs and opportunities to sell additional services – engage in effective marketing, business development and networking activities to drive sales
- Develop and manage personal and career goals in line with firm objectives
- Adhere to our Firm’s policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Are you a good fit?
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Must have current CPA license
- 7+ years in relevant position within public accounting
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of business/individual taxation, technology and basic business
- 4+ years of experience as a specialist in one or more of the following industries: health care, creative agencies, service providers, or construction/real estate
Firm Benefits and Perks
We offer a variety of programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees –
- Health and dental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Home office allowance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flex working hours
- Two “office closed” weeks per year
- Paid membership to fitness center
Essential Functions of the Job:
In the course of performing this work, an employee must be able to:
- Engage in logical reasoning, interpreting, and responding.
- Spend substantial time sitting and operating a computer (read, write, and type), with periods of standing, speaking, and listening.
- Use basic office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Sustain lengthy conversations in person, via telephone and via videoconference.
- Lift up to 10 lbs. periodically.
- Occasionally travel overnight (less than 5% travel).
- All offers of employment at Hare CPAs + Business Advisors are contingent upon the completion of a Non-Compete/Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Hare CPAs + Business Advisors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identify, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, citizenship, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other protected class.