A day in the life of a Hare CPAs Associate
As an Associate, you will be responsible for learning and applying your technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision. The Associate ensures projects meet all technical standards and are completed within the budgeted time. The Associate has the ability to apply new Tax and GAAP standards to engagements as well as find planning opportunities for Firm clients and cross sell firm’s services.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) –
- Embrace our Firm’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Prepare tax returns for corporations, partnerships and individuals.
- Prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements.
- Assist with month-end client accounting services.
- Conduct tax research and solve tax issues and notices.
- Analyze problems, design and implement practical solutions.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain effective client relationships and continually look for ways to add value.
- Contribute to and support the development of the team – continually build and share knowledge.
- Develop and manage personal and career goals in line with firm objectives.
- Adhere to our Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a good fit?
- Has completed the curriculum required for a Bachelor’s degree that meets the criteria to be eligible to sit for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Exam.
- 150 credits completed
- 1-3 years in relevant position within public accounting
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of business/individual taxation & technology
- Actively working toward passing the CPA Exam if not already attained
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must complete Firm Non-Compete/Non Solicitation agreement
Firm Benefits and Perks
At Hare CPAs we believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to achieve success and prosperity through hard work, determination, and initiative. We give everyone equal respect and stay open-minded with an appreciation for different points of view. We strive to create a safe space where you can always be your complete, authentic self and we believe everyone should have the freedom to find and lean into their virtues.
We offer a variety of programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees –
- Health and dental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Home office allowance
- Flex working hours
- Two “office closed” weeks per year
- Paid membership to fitness center
Essential Functions of the Job:
In the course of performing this work, an employee must be able to:
- Engage in logical reasoning, interpreting, and responding.
- Spend substantial time sitting and operating a computer (read, write, and type), with periods of standing, speaking, and listening.
- Use basic office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Sustain lengthy conversations in person, via telephone and via videoconference.
- Lift up to 10 lbs. periodically.
- Occasionally travel overnight (less than 5% travel).
Interested candidates should fill out the form below: